M.Sc Mathematics Program
About the Program
The program contains some compulsory courses as well as few electives in the second year. The compulsory courses are aimed at building strong mathematical background and also in the process students will be benefitted in various competitive examinations. The electives, however, are essential to the flexibility of this program. These courses will act as specializations for the students and also give them opportunity to select from various career paths. Students will be using computer laboratory of ICFAI University Tripura for few of their compulsory courses and also for some their electives depending upon their choices.
Pass in B.Sc. or equivalent with 40% marks in Mathematics from a recognized University
|Semester - III||Semester - IV|
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
List of Electives
|Options for Elective-I|
Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Advanced Probability, Number Theory and Cryptography, General Relativity, Cosmology.
|Options for Elective-II and Elective-III|
Measure Theory, Advanced Operation Research, Stochastic Process, Big Data Analysis, Theory of Computation, Operator Theory, Advanced Functional Analysis, Combinatorics, Astrophysics, Numerical Linear Algebra, Numerics of Partial Differential Equations, Perturbation Theory.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time M.Sc. Mathematics program offered by the ICFAI University Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Graduation with 40% marks in Mathematics.
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by August 27, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 22, 2021 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Cost of the Application material is ₹ 500.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII/ Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||M.Sc. (Mathematics)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||27,500||29,500|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,10,000||1,18,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
All students are required to make a Caution Deposit of Rs. 10,000 which is refundable at the time of completion of the program after adjustment of dues if any to the students on completion of the program.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|M.Sc. Mathematics Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||August 25, 2021|
|Last date of Admission/ Registration||August 27, 2021|
|Commencement of regular classes||September 01, 2021|