PG Diploma in Yoga Program
About the Program
The ICFAI University Tripura is offering post Graduate diploma in Yoga with the aim of preparing high quality future Yoga Teachers, Yoga Researchers, Yoga Trainers, and Yoga Therapists. This program will cover the entire important limbs (branch) of Yoga.
Objectives of the Program
- The PGDY program will shape the candidates to get the hands on experience in Yoga teaching, Yoga training, Yoga therapy during the program and at the end of the program.
- The PGDY program has been designed for those who areeager to know about its Philosophical and Psychological backgrounds, as well as why and how they affect the body and mind.
- The emphasis in the program is on developing right perspective and understanding the science and art of Yoga through first-hand experience.
- The program is specially designed to educate people who are interested in becoming Yoga teachers / therapists and to serve the society.
Mode Regular (Practical and Theory)
Regular Class schedule The theory classes will be held from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. and the Practical classes will be from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
After successful completion of final examination and completion of two months of internship in School and Yoga Centre, the diploma certificate will be issued.
Twelve Months (consisting of 2 semesters), with a period of 2 months of internship.
Pass in graduation in any stream or candidates with equivalent qualification from any recognized University.
Post Graduate diploma in Yoga program will have 15 courses with two months of internship program.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time PGDY program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Graduate in any discipline.
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2022 be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirm subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines on How to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admission Officer, The ICFAI University, Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
All applicants have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 10,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Particulars||PGDY (1 Year)|
|Fee Per Semester (Rs.)||16,000||21,000|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||32,000||42,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
All students are required to pay a caution deposit Rs. 5,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program. In case of students migrating to any other ICFAI institution, this money will be transferred to that institution. In case of those who leave the ICFAI University, Tripura for any other reason, it will be refunded after adjusting for dues, if any.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Fee per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be worked out in consultation with Mess Committee|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
Admission Calendar 2022
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|