M.Tech in Water Resources Engineering Program
- The ICFAI University Tripura (IUT) offers a two year Masters' Degree Program in Water Resources Engineering. The program is designed for students who would like to become Civil Engineer specialized in Water Resources Engineering. The study of water resources engineering involves in mastering the design, development and analysis of hydraulics and hydrological science. Hydraulic Engineering consists of the application of fluid mechanics to water flowing in an isolated environment (pipe, pump) or in an open channel (river, lake, ocean). Applications include the design of hydraulic structures, such as sewage conduits, dams and breakwaters, the management of waterways, such as erosion protection and flood protection, and environmental management, such as prediction of the mixing and transport of pollutants in surface water.
- Hydroelectric-power development, water supply, irrigation and navigation are some familiar applications of water resources engineering involving the utilization of water for beneficial purposes. Moreover, water resources engineering is the quantitative study of the hydrologic cycle - the distribution and circulation of water linking the earth's atmosphere, land and oceans. Applications include the management of the urban water supply, the design of urban storm-sewer systems, and flood forecasting. More recently, concern for preserving our natural environment and meeting the needs of developing countries has increased the importance of water resources engineering.
- Valid GATE Scorer with B.Tech /B.E in Civil Engineering OR B.Tech /B.E in Civil Engineering with 60% marks.
Duration of Course
- 2 Years (4 Semester)
Mode of Course
Regular mode of class with Practical sessions.
|Semester - I||Semester - II|
|Semester - III||Semester - IV|
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
|List of Elective - I|
|Open Channel Flow||I||1st|
|Fuzzy Logic and Artificial Intelligence in Civil Engineering Applications||I||1st|
|Watershed Management and Remote Sensing Applications||I||1st|
|List of Elective - II|
|Water Resources Systems Analysis, planning & Management||I||1st|
|Computational Methods in Hydraulics and Environmental Engineering Applications||I||1st|
|Water Power Engineering||I||1st|
|List of Elective - III|
|Transient Flow Analysis||II||1st|
|Flow and Transport Processes in Fractured Media||II||1st|
|List of Elective - IV|
|Water Quality Management||II||1st|
|Introduction to Multiphase Flow in Porous Media||II||1st|
|Sediment Dynamics in Fluvial Systems||II||1st|
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus- based full time B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral Entry), BCA, Integrated MCA, MCA and M.Tech Programs offered by The ICFAI University, Tripura at Agartala. The medium of instruction is English
- Valid GATE Scorer with B.Tech /B.E in Civil Engineering Or B.Tech /B.E in Civil Engineering with 60% marks
Final Year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/ Board by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum specified marks. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants is made through screening of application and admission test. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/ cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
Original certificates of marks sheets and domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification. The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any program of the University, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) percent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
Applicants interested can fill up the Application Form for Admission given on page 5 and send it to the Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University, Tripura (address given on page 4). The self attested photocopies of the marks sheets of qualifying examination are to be enclosed with the Application Form. The students in the final year may enclose the marks sheets up to the current semester/year.
Interested candidates can apply through online www.iutripura.edu.in
As per the directives of the Supreme Court, ragging in all educational institutions is banned. This policy has been implemented by the ICFAI University, Tripura. Any student found indulging in ragging will be debarred from the University. All students admitted in the University have to submit an affidavit to this effect on the day of registration.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available table-information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets of Class X/XII/Degree certificate(as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel Fee as per the details mentioned
All candidates have to pay an admission fee of Rs 20,000 for B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral Entry), BCA, Integrated MCA, MCA and M.Tech Programs towards the confirmation of admission.
Applicants should pay the fee mentioned in the table below as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee per semester (Rs)||60,000||65,000|
|Total program fee (Rs)||2,40,000||2,60,000|
Students belonging to the North-East States
Students from States other than North-East States @ (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
N.J. Yasaswy Memorial Merit Scholarships are offered to the students pursuing B.Tech, BCA, Integrated MCA and MCA programs. For details, please refer prospectus.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without any interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|