M.SC Physics program
About the Program
The ICFAI University, Tripura offers two years full-time M.Sc. Physics Program.
Science is basic foundation of any technological and engineering creation. In view of the changing scenario at national and international level in field of Science and Technology, there is great demand for basic sciences with considerable knowledge of its applications. ICFAI University Tripura is committed to high academic standards.
The M.Sc. (Physics) program is designed for four semesters (two years) in such a way that a good basic foundation of subjects is laid and applications along with recent developments are covered. Students will also get theoretical and practical knowledge of computer programming. This M.Sc. program will provide opportunity to make career in R&D, industries and academic institutions.
For M.Sc. programme candidate is expected to meet the following eligibility requirement:
- Pass in B.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics/ Applied Sciences), with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Pass in B.Sc.Ed. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) along with Physics as major. Students must have Mathematics as one of the subjects in their bachelors degree. Candidates who have already passed their qualifying degree examination OR who have appeared/are appearing for the final semester/year examination in 2021 are also eligible to apply.
Summer Internship Program
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
Electives: Quantum Field Theory, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics
Elective II:General Theory of Relativity, Introduction to Nanophysics, Photonics
Elective III: Open Elective: High Energy Physics, Numerical Linear Algebra
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time BA English(Hons), BA Psychology (Hons), B.Sc Physics (Hons), B.Sc Chemistry (Hons), B.Sc Mathematics (Hons), B.Lib. I.Sc, MA English, M.A Psychology, M.Sc Physics, M.Sc Chemistry, M.Sc Mathematics, M.Lib.I.Sc and M.Lib.I.Sc integrated programs offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in B.Sc. or equivalent with 45% marks in Physics from a recognized University
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 27, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application form for admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose Attested Copies of Certificates: Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All candidates have to pay an admission fee of Rs 20,000 for BA English(Hons), BA Psychology(Hons), B.Sc Physics(Hons), B.Sc Chemistry (Hons), B.Sc Mathematics (Hons), B.Lib.I.Sc, MA English, MA Psychology, M.Sc Chemistry, M.Sc Physics, M.Sc Mathematics, M.Lib.I.Sc and M.Lib.I.Sc Integrated programs towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||M.Sc. (Physics) (2 years)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||35,000||37,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,40,000||1,48,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|M.Sc. Physics Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|