MBA (Hospital and Healthcare) Program
About the Program
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing and most challenging industries in the world. Global healthcare is entering its most challenging era, with increasing demand for services. Thus significantly one must professionally deal with advanced medical technology and be opportunistic with currently growing many new hospital care centers coming all over the countries. Unfortunately some educational programs for future healthcare leaders fails to provide many of the needed skills with more care-based teaching and efforts to help students focus on strategic insights and business aspects . But MBA (Healthcare Management), ICFAI University exactly provides those advances and opportunities for students with excellent delivery of courses and practical learning in this field.
Pass in Graduation in any discipline with 45% (5% relaxation will be given to SC, ST,OBC candidates) and above aggregate marks. Final year students awaiting results can also apply. Candidates fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility need to appear for the ‘ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test’ followed by a ‘GD/PI’ for their final selection. Candidates having valid scores of CAT / XAT / MAT / CMAT are exempted from appearing in the ‘ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test’. Preference will be given to MBBS / BDS / BHMS / BAMS / BPT / B.Sc Nursing or paramedical science / B.Sc (Physiology/Micro Biology) / working professional in the healthcare industry.
The program covers 32 courses apart from soft skill, Hospital Orientation, Internship over a period of 4 semesters in 2 years. Students will be exposed more in the eminent healthcare centres of India specially outside Tripura. Summer Internship and hospital orientation are mandatory for students. Selection of hospitals is the sole discretion of the University.
|Internship Program ** Student will be posted for a period of Three months in a hospital for the completion of internship. During this period, his or her performance will be evaluated by the host administrator in a standard format under well defined parameters.|
Note : The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
- Marketing of Hospital Services, Medical Records Management, Health Care Quality Management, Inventory Control & Purchase Management, Organizational Training & Development, Industrial Relations & Employment Laws, Compensation Management, Financial Derivatives, Corporate Tax, Income Tax & GST, Health Research.
- For any special paper there should be minimum 25 % students of the total strength.
- Student will commence dissertation work from the beginning of the 3rd semester& 4th Semester and will appear for viva voce at the end of the each semester.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based MBA (Healthcare Management) offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura at Agartala. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Graduation in any discipline with minimum 45% (40% in case of SC/ST/ OBC) aggregate marks
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 24, 2020 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by September 28, 2020 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Cost of the Application material is ₹ 500.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII/ Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||MBA (Healthcare Mgmt)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||60,000||70,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||2,40,000||2,80,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
* NOTE : N J Yasaswy Memorial Merit Scholarships are offered to the students pursuing BBA program.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|MBA (Healthcare) Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|