MA Education Program
About the Program
The University offers Post Graduate Degree Program in Education. The objectives of the program are:
- To provide a wider scope to graduates particularly the graduates of Tripura who aspire to pursue postgraduation in the field of education.
- To provide both a foundation in basic skills and the promotion of advanced skills.
- To create a community of scholars adequately equipped for participation in educational discourse to work on the policies and problems related to the world of education.
The advantages for the students are; multidisciplinary approach to learning; modular curricula which facilitates wider choices for students ensuring crossdisciplinary education.
Pass in Graduation (in any discipline). Final year degree students awaiting results may also apply.
The program consists of 16 courses covered in 4 semesters spread over 2 years. Students are also required to do dissertation work on significant problem in the field of education.
|School Management Project|
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
(Group A): Measurement and Evaluation, Mental Health & Hygiene, Non Formal Education and Adult Education, Early Childhood Education.
(Group B): Educational Technology, Education for Rural Development, Education for Women Empowerment, Environmental Education
The admission modalities are with reference to the full time MA (Education) program, The ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Graduation (any discipline).
Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by August 27, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirm subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 22, 2021 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the Application Form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Please provide all available and correct information in appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photo copy of the application form along with documents stipulated.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting `500 through online or by cash.
- Applicants are required to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates:
- Date of Birth / Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Nationality Certificate/Proof for foreign students only
- Other certificates pertaining to academic and extra curricular activities.
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Particulars||MA Education (2 Years)|
|Fee Per Semester (Rs.)||17,000||19,500|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||68,000||78,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.In case of students migrating to any other ICFAI institution, this money will be transferred to that institution. In case of those who leave the ICFAI University, Tripura for any other reason, it will be refunded after adjusting for dues, if any.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|MA Education Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||August 25, 2021|
|Last date of Admission/ Registration||August 27, 2021|
|Commencement of regular classes||September 01, 2021|