M.Ed Spl. Ed. (Intellectual Disability) Program
About the Program
- The program prepares the students to work as Master Trainers in the field of Intellectual Disability in Colleges and Universities.
- They will also work in higher positions in Govt. Departments and Non-Government Organisations in India and abroad.
- Special Education is an emerging field with the human resource requirement having increased in the past decade. With the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 having shown indications that education is the right of every child with disability, the role of Special Educators has further been emphasized.
- Keeping in view the need for Special Teachers at various levels, the M.Ed. Special Education (MR) has been launched. If we look at the scenario of educational services in the Country, we have a large number of Special Schools, Special classes in Regular Schools, Integrated Schools, Inclusive Education and Special Education Programming in Community Based setting.
- The M.Ed. Special Education (MR), aims at training Special Educators to work with children having Mental Retardation, in different settings as mentioned above. A person qualified in M.Ed. Special Education (MR) can serve as Master Trainer to teach Special Educators undergoing training at Diploma or Graduation levels in Special Education (MR).
- In addition they can assume the role of Researchers, Leaders, Capacity Builders, Developer and Catalysts in the area of Special Education (MR). After completing the M.Ed.Special Education (MR) program the student-teachers will:
- Develop potential teacher educators to exert leadership in advocating and meeting educational needs of children with disabilities in various settings
- Enhance special teacher educators the opportunity to develop specialized capacity for leadership in curriculum, pedagogy and universal design
- Develop theoretical knowledge and skills in research methodologies and conducting research in order to enhance education of children with disabilities in all settings
The admission for the degree of M.Ed. Special Education (Mental
Retardation) degree shall be open to:-
a) A candidate who has successfully passed B.Ed Special Education (Mental Retardation) from a recognized university or any other degree considered equivalent to B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation) from an affiliating university and/ or teaching department under any university recognized by UGC with RCI registration.
b) A candidate who has successfully passed the B.Ed General course and has successfully completed Diploma in special Education (Mental Retardation) recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India with minimum 50 per cent marks in each course.
c) A candidate having passed PG Diploma (Till Academic session 2014-15).
d) A candidate having passed BA/B.Sc/B.Com B Ed.Spl.Ed. (4 years Integrated)
B) Candidate should have valid RCI registration.
The admission modalities are with reference to the full time M.Ed Spl. Education (Mental Retardation), The ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Any one of the following
- Pass in B.Ed Special Education (Intellectual Disability) from a recognized University or any other degree considered equivalent to B.Ed. Special Education (Intellectual Disability) from an affiliating university and/ or teaching department under any University recognized by UGC with RCI registration.
- Pass in B.Ed General course and has successfully completed Diploma in Special Education (Intellectual Disability) recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India with minimum 50 per cent marks in each course.
- Pass in PG Diploma (Till Academic session 2014-15).
- Pass in BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com /B.Ed.Spl.Ed. (4 years Integrated)
- Candidates should have valid RCI registration.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by August 27, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirm subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 22, 2021 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines on How to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
All candidates have to pay an Admission Fee: Rs. 20,000 M.Ed spl ID, Admission Fee.
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be worked out in consultation with Mess Committee|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|M.Ed.Spl.Ed (Intellectual Disability) Programs|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||August 25, 2021|
|Last date of Admission/ Registration||August 27, 2021|
|Commencement of regular classes||September 01, 2021|