About the Program
The University is offering two year LL.M with an objective to imparting legal education to develop juridical inquisitiveness among the students to secure the expectations of the contemporary society. The course curriculum designed in such a way to cultivate research temperament and satisfy scholastic aptitude to contribute raising demand of legal reform and public interest lawyering.
University offers a full-time two-year LL.M. program spread over four semesters. Students are allowed a maximum of four years from the date of admission to complete the requirements of the degree.
The candidate must have completed a bachelor's degree in Law (Recognized by Bar Council of India) with at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST and 47% in case of OBC) or an equivalent cumulative grade point average from any Indian University recognized by UGC or any equivalent degree offered by a foreign University.
"The two years LL.M Programme shall have 60 credits with four mandatory courses of 16 credits, three specialization courses of 32 credits, teaching assignments of 4 credits and Dissertation of 8credits.
The program structure is tentative and subject to change, if required.
|Constitutional Law & Administrative Law||Criminal Law|
The admission modalities are with reference to the full time LLM program offered by the ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- The candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree in Law (Recognized by Bar Council of India) with at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST and 47% in case of OBC) or an equivalent cumulative grade point average from any Indian University recognized by UGC or any equivalent degree offered by a foreign University.
Final year students awaiting results are also eligible to apply. Their admission will be provisional subject to qualifying in the final examination. The registration and admission of these candidates is liable to be cancelled in case they do not fulfill the eligibility criteria specified above by October 31, 2022. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The admission into the Programs is made through Application. Eligible applicants are required to apply for the program using the Application Form. The University will offer provisional admissions subject to the students satisfying all the eligibility criteria. The admission would be confirmed only after all the required proof of eligibility have been produced by the student and verified by the Admissions Office. Due weightage is given to past academic record, academic distinctions, achievements in sports and extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of the ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII/ Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
All candidates have to pay an Admission Fee Rs. 20,000 for LL.B program towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||LLM (4 semesters)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||35,000||40,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,40,000||1,60,000|
| Domicile: Students from North East States namely: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
* NOTE : N.J. Yasaswy Memorial Merit Scholarships are offered to the students pursuing BBA-LL.B(Hons.), BA-LL.B(Hons.) and LL.B programs.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|