B.Sc. Physics (Hons.) Program
About the Program
The ICFAI University, Tripura offers three years full- time B.Sc. Physics (Hons.) Program.
- The graduates will become successful professionals by demonstrating logical and analytical thinking abilities.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
Pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from recognized board with minimum 40% marks in Physics.
Advance level courses in Physics and general courses in Mathematics/Chemistry/Computer Science.
After completion of the B.Sc. Physics students will be able to:
- Provide a systematic understanding of core physical concepts, principles and theories along with their applications.
- Develop proficiency in the analysis of complex physical problems and the use of mathematical or other appropriate techniques to solve them.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Demonstrate skills in the use of computers for control, data acquisition, and data analysis in experimental investigations.
- Critically interpret data, write reports and apply the basics of rules of evidence.
Summer Internship Program - I
Summer Internship Program - II
The program structure may change marginally The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
Atomic Physics, Astrophysics and Astronomy, Classical Dynamics, Statistical Mechanics, Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena.
Nuclear Physics, Nanomaterials and Applications, Digital Signal Processing, Experimental Techniques.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time BA English(Hons), BA Psychology (Hons), B.Sc Physics (Hons), B.Sc Chemistry (Hons), B.Sc Mathematics (Hons), B.Lib. I.Sc, MA English, M.A Psychology, M.Sc Physics, M.Sc Chemistry, M.Sc Mathematics, M.Lib.I.Sc and M.Lib.I.Sc integrated programs offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass Class XII or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from recognized board with 40% marks in Physics
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 27, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application form for admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII/ Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All candidates have to pay an admission fee of `20,000 for BA English(Hons), BA Psychology(Hons), B.Sc Physics(Hons), B.Sc Chemistry (Hons), B.Sc Mathematics (Hons), B.Lib.I.Sc, MA English, MA Psychology, M.Sc Chemistry, M.Sc Physics, M.Sc Mathematics, M.Lib.I.Sc and M.Lib.I.Sc Integrated programs towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||B.Sc. Physics (Hons.) (3 years)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||29,000||31,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,74,000||1,86,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|