B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics Program
About the Program
The syllabus for Mathematics (Hons) at undergraduate level has been framed using the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). Main objective of this syllabus is to give the students a holistic understanding of the subject. The syllabus has also been framed in such a way that the basic skills of subject are taught to the students. In this curriculum students will be able to take a large variety of mathematics courses. This B.Sc. Mathematics graduate degree serves as a basis for higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., M.Phil. and PhD.
- The student will demonstrate skills and competencies to conduct simple scientific experiments in Chemistry.
- The student will present the potentiality of Chemistry in terms of day to day applications of chemical phenomena with respect to three basic fields i.e. Physical, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, industrial and environmental chemistry.
- The student will identify clearly their area of interest in Chemistry and pursue higher studies with greater confidence.
Pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from recognized board.
It is essential that Mathematics (Hons.) students select their general courses from Physics/ Chemistry/Computer Science disciplines.
After completion of the B.Sc. Mathematics, students will be able to:
- Solve problems by understanding and analysis from their knowledge of theoretical concepts and analytic techniques in mathematics.
- Communicate mathematics effectively by written, oral, computing and graphical means.
- Understand the concepts and theories of mathematics and their application in the real world.
- Understand the use and application of standard mathematical software.
|Semester - I||Semester - II|
|Internship - I|
|Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|Internship - II|
|Semester - V||Semester - VI|
Classical Dynamics, Dynamics of a System of Particles and Rigid Body, Rigid Dynamics, Graph Theory, Discrete Mathematics -I, Mathematical Modelling, Number Theory, Abstract Algebra-III, Analysis and Advance Calculus, Calculus of Variation, Fuzzy Set Theory, Operations Research, Hydrostatics, Mathematical Physics & Relativity, Integral Equation, Differential Geometry.
- Generic Physics
- Generic Chemistry
- Generic Statistics
- Number Theory
- Discrete Mathematics
- Graph Theory
- Rigid Dynamics
- Mathematical Modelling
- Calculus of Variation
- Fuzzy Set Theory
- Integral Calculus
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in class XII or equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects from recognized board with minimum 40% marks in Mathematics
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by August 27, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 22, 2021 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Cost of the Application material is ₹ 500.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII/ Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||B.Sc. (Mathematics)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||25,000||27,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,50,000||1,62,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||August 25, 2021|
|Last date of Admission/ Registration||August 27, 2021|
|Commencement of regular classes||September 01, 2021|