B.Sc in (Emergency Medical Technology) Program
About the Program
- The ICFAI University Tripura offers 4 years full- time B.Sc. in Emergency Medical Technology Program.
- An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is trained in basic emergency care skills, such as intravenous (IV) cannulation, oxygen therapy, physical examination, assisting emergency child birth and essential newborn care, automated external defibrillation, airway maintenance, CPR, spinal immobilization, bleeding control and fracture management.
- An EMT professional play a critical role in the healthcare system. They often be the first medical care provider to see and care for the patient. Some patients, such as victims of cardiac episode, depend on emergency medical services to save their lives. An Emergency Medical Services System (EMSS) is the planned configuration of community resources to provide immediate medical care to patients with sudden or unexpected illness or injury. An EMT professional helps a wide variety of people in need of care. EMT professional is trained for administration of medications under physician's direction over radio or phone.
- At ICFAI University, Tripura, we train the students to render Basic Life Support (BLS) to the sick and injured and transporting to a medical facility within stipulated time limit. They are taught to adhere to the patient safety. It also includes legal duties to the patient and the public. Taking care for the well-being of the patient by rendering necessary interventions outlined in the scope of practice. The University follows model curriculum prescribed by Allied Health Council of India.
- Pass with 45% (40% for ST / SC / OBC candidates) and above aggregate marks in Class XII (orits equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects.
- Class XII (or its equivalent) students awaiting final examination results may also apply.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBCcategories: as per Govt. of India rules.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry
Pass in 3 year diploma course in Emergency Medical Technology with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidate). Student will be admitted to second year of B.Sc. in Emergency Medical Technology Program. Students in their final year of diploma may also apply.
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time B.Sc. (Dialysis Therapy Technology), B.Sc. (Cardiac Care Technology), B.Sc. (Emergency Medical Technology), Bachelor in Health Information Management, B.Sc in Medical lab Technology and M.Sc in Medical Lab Technology programs offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass with 45% (40% for ST/SC/OBC candidates) and above aggregate marks in Class XII with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English as subjects.
- Students awaiting final examination results may also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any program of the University, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) percent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||B.Sc (Emergency Medical Technology) Program|
|Sem-I to Sem-VI||Sem-VII to Sem-VIII|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||35,000||10,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||2,30,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States. (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|BSC in (Emergency Medical Technology) Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|