B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology
About the Program
ICFAI University Tripura offers 4 years full time B.sc in Medical Lab Technology program. The program aims to meet the demands in the healthcare sector by producing the best paramedics. The students will have practical exposure on chemical, biological, hematological, histopathological, cytopathological, microbiological, immunologic, microscopic analysis using various human, biological samples and other samples used in various food processing industries. Internship program helps in preparing the students to emerge themselves as a fully trained paramedic. Workshops, guest lectures and hospital visits, industry orientation are organized for the students along with other academic activities. This program will offer various career opportunities in laboratory management, handling various instruments and samples as well as in the field of academics.
Pass in 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology as major subjects with 45% marks (in average) and passed in individual subjects.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry (BMLT- 2nd Year):
Student must be having DMLT (diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology) degree of minimum 2 years program from recognized institution
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time B.Sc. (Dialysis Therapy Technology), B.Sc. (Cardiac Care Technology), B.Sc. (Emergency Medical Technology), Bachelor in Health Information Management, B.Sc in Medical lab Technology and M.Sc in Medical Lab Technology programs offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass with 45% (40% for ST/SC/OBC candidates) and above aggregate marks in Class XII from any stream with English as one of the subject from recognized board. Students awaiting final examination results may also apply.
Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2023 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2023 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any program of the University, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) percent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of ₹ 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||BMLT (4 Years)||BMLT (Lateral Entry) (3 Years)|
|Sem-I to Sem-VI||Sem-VII to Sem-VIII||Sem-I to Sem-IV||Sem-V to Sem-VI|
|Fee Per Semester (₹)||26,000||10,000||26,000||10,000|
|Total Program Fee (₹)||1,76,000||1,24,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States. (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
₹ 1,000 to be charged in the 1st year 2nd semester (One-time payment)
₹ 1,000 to be paid in two installments (₹ 500 each) in last 2 semesters of the program.
(Note: Student Activity Fund and Alumni Fee will not be applicable for certificate programs.)
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of ₹ 10,000 along with the fi rst semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||₹ 17,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||₹ 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.