B.Com (Hons.) Program
About the Program
The Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) program of The ICFAI University, Tripura is a career oriented three year degree program with a view to impart holistic knowledge by creating broad understanding of Accounting, Finance, Banking, Taxation, Management and other allied subjects. The curriculum of B.Com (Honors) Program has been designed after taking into consideration the academic and career requirements of the students by selecting an optimum combination of subjects like, Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Banking, Insurance, Economics; Statistics; Mercantile Laws etc. Further, in order to impart practical insights, relevant Elective Subjects from Accounting & Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management have been included in the syllabus. A student can opt for several combinations of electives in B.Com (Honors) Program. The objective of the program is to produce graduates with professional competence equipped with requisite knowledge, skills and attitude to surmount the challenges and discharge their professional obligations efficiently.
The candidate must have passed Class XII with an aggregate of 45% and above in Commerce & Science Subjects.
Students who successfully complete B.Com (Honours) Program will be awarded the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Degree from the University.
|Year-I||English Language Skills I||English Language Skills II|
|Fundamentals of Financial Accounting||Corporate Accounting|
|Business Mathematics||Business Statistics|
|Micro Economics||Macro Economics|
|Introduction to Computers||Environmental Studies|
|Business Organization andManagement||Fundamentals of Auditing|
|Year-II||Business Report Writing||Soft Skills I|
|Mercantile Laws||Company Law|
|Cost Accounting and Cost Control||Management Accounting|
|Income Tax Law and Practice||Indirect Tax|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Business Research Methods|
|Financial market Operations||Fundamentals of Marketing|
|Year-III||Business Environment||Fundamentals of Financial Management|
|Fundamentals of Corporate Financial Reporting||Business Ethics and Governance|
|Soft Skills II||Elective III|
|Elective – I||Elective IV|
|Elective – II|
*Students need to opt for paper from the other streams of Undergraduate Studies (BBA/BA/BCA) as a part of CBCS facility
The program structure is subject to periodic review
- Banking & Financial Services;
- Insurance - Law and Applications;
- International Finance;
- Computerized Accounting System.
- Sales Management;
- Advertising and Sales Promotion;
- Service Marketing;
- Strategic Marketing Management.
- Industrial Relations;
- Human Resource Development;
- Strategic HRM;
- Performance Reward and Management System.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time B.Com program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII with an aggregate of 45% and above in commerce or Science subjects.
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview. However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura
For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
- Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 for B.Com Program towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||B.Com (Hons.) (3 Years)|
|Domicile||Non - Domicile|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||26,000||28,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,56,000||1,68,000|
| Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
* NOTE : N J Yasaswy Memorial Merit Scholarships are offered to the students pursuing BBA program.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|B.Com (Hons.) Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|