The program provides a sound academic base in computer skills and applications from which an advanced career in computer applications can be developed. The students get a good conceptual grounding in computer usage and its practical business applications. The BCA Program focuses on various areas of IT and prepares students for a career in the field of Information Technology.
Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting their final examinations results can also apply.
The BCA Program consists of 44 courses and 2 elective courses covered in six semesters spread over three years. Students are also required to do Summer Projects after completion of Year I and Year II respectively.
|BCA Program Structure|
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Summer Project - I|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Summer Project - II|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
Note: The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time BCA program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline)
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply.
- Final Year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/ Board by July 29, 2022 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum specified marks. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by October 31, 2022 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
The selection of applicants is made through screening of application and admission test. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/ cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
Original certificates of marks sheets and domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification. The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Tripura in any program of the University, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) percent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
Applicants interested can fill up the Application Form for Admission given on page 5 and send it to the Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University, Tripura (address given on page 4). The self attested photocopies of the marks sheets of qualifying examination are to be enclosed with the Application Form. The students in the final year may enclose the marks sheets up to the current semester/year.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available table-information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets of Class X/XII/Degree certificate(as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O. Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-6909879797
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Applicants should pay the fee mentioned in the table below as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||29,000||32,000|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||1,74,000||1,92,000|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States@;
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States.
@ (North East States: (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
* NOTE : N J Yasaswy Memorial Merit Scholarships are offered to the students pursuing BCA program.
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 15,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments should be made by way of demand draft drawn in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura.
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||27 July, 2022|
|Last date of Admission||29 July, 2022|
|Registration||1- 6 August, 2022|
|Commencement of regular classes||8 August, 2022|