Bachelor Health Information Management
About the Program
A Health Information Management (HIM) Professional is one of the key positions in a healthcare organization responsible for management of various health related information of patient generated within the healthcare system. HIM involves maintaining, collecting, analysing protecting and disseminating traditional and digital medical information essential for delivery of quality care.
Health Information Management covers a broad spectrum of information pertaining to health of the people generated within or outside a healthcare system. Every day, tens of thousands of people across the country visits various healthcare facilities, and these facilities generate huge volume of information pertaining to people health. The majority of healthcare data of a person is captured in a medical record digitally or manually maintained and this includes a wide range of information such as socio-demographic details, family history, past and present illness, physical findings, investigation reports, diagnosis, treatment, medication, etc. Proper management of such vital health information is crucial for patient and physician for continuity of care as well as beneficial for different purposes: health insurance, statistics, research, healthcare administration, policy formulation, public health management, medico-legal cases etc.
At ICFAI University, Agartala we train the A Health Information Management professional for collection, storage, analysis and dissemination of healthcare information within the healthcare system. HIM personnel’s in a healthcare setting would ensure the accuracy and timeliness of patient data for the continuity of quality care. The HIM professionals are essential for all healthcare setting to generate reports and records about patient care, design and manage health information systems, maintain security and legal aspects of patient records and establishing appropriate procedures to protect patient data. A well trained and skilled HIM professionals would be able to take up various challenging positions in public and private hospitals, public health services, health insurance sector, healthcare IT & research organizations and education institutions.
- Pass in 10+2 exam or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 45% marks. A candidate also must have passed in English (core or selective or functional) as a subject of studies in the qualifying examination.
- Diploma in Health Information Management after pass in 10+2 or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 45% marks. A candidate also must have passed in English (CORE or selective or functional) as a subject of studies in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates with two years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enroll, in the respective Allied Health Sciences course and shall have pass in 10+2 exam.
There should be a provision for lateral entry for the students who have successfully completed diploma in medical records and would like to pursueAllied Health Sciences. In Such a case, they can directly enter into the second year or 3rd Semester.
The program structure may change marginally. The specific details will be given in the Student Handbook.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the full-time Bachelor in Health information programs offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass with 45% (40% for ST/SC/OBC candidates) and above aggregate marks in Class XII from any stream with English as one of the subject from recognized board. Students awaiting final examination results may also apply.
- Final year students in respective qualifying examinations awaiting results can also apply. Final year students who have not received the original certificates from the Universities/Boards by August 27, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum required marks mentioned above. The registration of the applicants not meeting the eligibility criteria by October 22, 2021 will be cancelled. In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University. Admission Criteria The selection of applicants for all programs is on the basis of merit through application and interview.
- However, for MBA Programs, students need to appear for the “ICFAI University Tripura Admission Test”. For details please refer prospectus. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities. Interview The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus. This is to determine the applicants’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program. Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected applicants will be required to pay the admission fee after selection. Special Reservation: There shall be a special provision for admission of applicants belonging to the State of Tripura in any course of ICFAI University, Tripura or in a constituent college, affiliated college, regional centre or study centre within the State of Tripura, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above. Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category. Guidelines to Complete the Application Form: The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Students can buy the prospectus by remitting ₹ 500 through online or by cash.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Mark sheets/Grade Sheets of all qualifying examinations
- Non-submission of mark sheets/ grade sheets of all examinations may lead to rejection of application form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities
The completed Application Form for Admissions may be submitted or sent to the University at:
The Admissions Officer, The ICFAI University Tripura,
University Campus, Agartala-Simna Road, P.O.
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala-799 210, Tripura (West),
Phone: 0381-2865752/62, Fax: 0381-2865754,
Toll-free: 1 800 345 3673
WhatsApp : 91-8415952506
E-mail : email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/iutripura
Fee comprises of Admission Fee, Program Fee, Caution Deposit (Refundable) and Hostel fee as per the details mentioned below:
All students have to pay an Admission Fee of Rs. 20,000 towards the confirmation of admission.
Students should pay the fee mentioned in the table below at the beginning of each semester as per the due dates indicated in the Student Handbook.
|Fee Particulars||Bachelor in Health information|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||35,000||-|
|Total program fee (Rs.)||2,80,000||-|
Domicile: Students belonging to the North-East States
Non-Domicile: Students from States other than North-East States. (North East States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).
All students are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Transportation facility is provided from city to campus on payment basis.
Hostel facility is available within the campus. Students will be required to pay the hostel fee as mentioned in the following table:
|Hostel Accommodation per semester||Rs. 12,000 per semester for 1st year. Subsequent years fee will be communicated before the commencement of the academic year.|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 10,000|
|Mess Charges||Actual cost will be work out in consultation with Mess Committee.|
All payments can be made by using Credit/Debit card or by Internet Banking. Students can also pay by way of Bank Demand Draft drawn on Scheduled Bank in favor of “The ICFAI University, Tripura - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Agartala, Tripura
|Bachelor in Health Information Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed application forms||August 25, 2021|
|Last date of Admission/ Registration||August 27, 2021|
|Commencement of regular classes||September 01, 2021|