Faculty of Special Education
The Faculty of
Education of the ICFAI University, Tripura is established to promote quality
education, research, training and consultation in teaching with a global perspective to meet the
FO SE of IUT offers B.Ed Special Edu cation (MR) and D.Ed Special Edu cation (MR) , Faculty of Special Education aims at developing a new cadre of teaching professionals through a rigor ous full - time program. It realizes the individual differences in teacher trainees and consequently attempts to provide specially designed training programs that will facilitate development of necessary abilities and skills in each teacher trainee special E ducation so that they will be able to meet the challenges of the competitive era ahead of them in the best way possible.
Special Education teacher trainees program structure readies them for embarking on a fulfilling professional journey spurred by refection and practices. Moving away from ‘show and tell’ to ‘learning by doing’, the course will be skill oriented, and offer various opportunities of interaction with self, students, schools and communities. Every trainee has an opportunity to hone their skills by obtaining and synthesizing essential knowledge, principles and concepts from various disciplines and testing their validity in dealing with issues related to education.
As a professional institution of teaching, Faculty of Education has a respon sibility to prepare qualified professionals in teaching and academic leadership. It is expected that the students seeking admission should accept the responsibility to adhere to the highest ethical standards and code of ethics prescribed by Faculty of Educ ation.
Approval from Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi
The B.Ed Special Edu cation (MR) and D.Ed Special Edu cation (MR), Program of Faculty of Special Education, The ICFAI University, Tripura has been approved by the Rehabilitation Council of India ,New Delhi vide letter no. - 17 - 889/B.ED - SE - MR/15/RCI/7520 dtd 20 October 2015 and 17 - 892/D.ED - SE - MR/15/RCI/382 dtd 4 th November 2016. The same can be seen from the RCI website http://www.rehabcouncil.nic.in org
- To develop the profession of teaching on sound ethical lines through rigorous standards, certification and continuing special education.
- To develop new - cadre of teachers who will be competent enough to meet the demands of future teaching - learning scenario.
- To develop, nurture and maintain close inter - institutional relationship with other institutions interested in a similar effort from India and abroad.
- To develop Special Education teachers/Educators for children with disabilities for various settings (incl uding Inclusive, Special, Open School and Home Based Education).
- To provide innovative teachers training program for both pre - service and in - service teachers.
- To bring qualitative development in both pedagogical and epistemological areas of teacher educat ion.
- To prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to children with disability as well as all other children and this being teachers for all children .
- To prov ide guidance in exploring new approaches to teaching learning situations.
- To design and promote new teaching strategies for teacher in special education program.
- To provide consultancy to Inclusive school management in both curricular and co - curricular activities.
FACULTY OF SPECIAL EDUCATION
The Faculty of Special Education of the ICFAI University, Tripura is established to promote quality education, research, training and
consultation in teaching with a global perspective to meet the challenges of the fast changing trends in the field of Special education.